Potato & Stonebarn truffle salad
- 400g Nicola potatoes
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 200g finely chopped chives
- 100g finely chopped gherkins
- 1 tbl Stonebarn truffle mustard
- 3 egg yoks
- 2 tbls white wine vinegar
- 400ml canola oil
- 2 tbls Stonebarn truffle oil
- 1 Stonebarn truffle in truffle juice
- To make the aioli, in a blender add the egg yolks, truffle mustard, vinegar and blend at high speed, after a minute turn down the speed to medium, slowly add the canola oil little by little, when emulsified and thick add the truffle oil and adjust the seasoning.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into bite size pieces, boil in salted water until soft, strain until completely dry.
- When the potatoes are room temperature, add the herbs, gherkins and add the aioli to the consistency of your choice, I like the aioli just to coat the potatoes but you can add more if you like and give it a good mix, adjust the seasoning, transfer to a serving bowl and then lastly grate the truffle over the salad.